Sunday, December 16, 2007

Long basketball shorts on the way out?

Since all fashion is cyclical, I'm pretty sure basketball shorts will stop being knickers someday soon. Recent photos of the pros show that basketball hemlines appear to have bottomed out and may be heading up again.

Basketball Fashion Timeline



Our kids may look back in horror at the long, sagging, gouchos they call shorts today. They'll ask, "Mother, why did you let me wear shorts that hung down past my knees? Those were hard to run in! I had to keep pulling them up throughout the game and it broke my concentration."

Until then, we'll continue hearing our teenagers snigger when they see images of basketball players from the past. And with our superior knowledge of fashion trends, we'll resist the urge to say, "I told you so." a few years from now.

No comments: